CalHFA 20% down program
CalHFA "Dream for All" 20% down program
****THIS PROGRAM IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVED****
Here are just *some* of the CalHFA "Dream for All" program highlights:
- Loan type: Conventional
- up to 20% down payment assistance can be used towards down payment and closing costs. If using a portion for closing costs, mortgage insurance may be added.
- FICO score needs to be 680 or higher
- Maximum income 180,000 for Los Angeles County
- HUD certified home buyer 8 hour-education course is required prior to close of escrow.
- IN MOST CASES, upon offer acceptance, BUYER MAY BE REQUIRED TO USE THEIR OWN FUNDS for good faith/earnest money deposit, as well as for in-escrow inspections, appraisal, and due diligence costs depending on your contract terms.
- Interest rates subject to change, so please seek the advice of a lender professional
REPAYMENT: If a "trigger event" such as time of sale, refi (ask lender about one-time exception), payoff or transfer of first mortgage happens, the original borrowed amount will need to be paid back, as well as shared appreciation percentage based upon borrowers median income being above or below 80% Area Median Income. How to find the AMI https://ami-lookup-tool.fanniemae.com/amilookuptool/
PLEASE NOTE AGAIN: BUYER MAY BE REQUIRED TO USE A SMALL PORTION OF THEIR OWN FUNDS for various upfront costs once they get an accepted offer i.e. earnest money deposit to escrow as well as the costs of performing various inspections, appraisal, etc. depending on your contract terms).
TO GET ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION, do not hesitate to give us a call at 310-508-4354 and we will be happy to connect you with experienced lender professionals that work with CALHFA programs.